– The 27h Annual LACEA Meeting, November 2022, Lima, Peru.
– LVII Annual Meeting of the Argentine Association of Political Economy, November 2022, Córdoba, Argentina.
– XIII Annual Conference – Inequality and Poverty Network NIP – Uruguay Chapter, October 2022, Montevideo, Uruguay.
– IADB Seminar: LGBTQ+ Persons in Latin America and the Caribbean, July 2022, Washington DC, USA.
Inés Berniell teaches this course every year in the Master in Economics at the FCE-UNLP. Gender Economics uses the theoretical framework and statistical tools of Economics to describe and understand the differences between men and women in key economic variables such as labor participation, wages, income, hours of work, occupation, poverty rates, leisure time, among other well-being measures. The course offers an overview of the current state of the literature on gender gaps, with a focus on the labor markets. In each class, there are deep discussions of the frontier research on the different dimensions of gender gaps and the factors that generate them, as well as about the empirical evidence on the effectiveness of several policies designed to reduce these gaps. The course emphasizes the interaction between economic theory and its empirical modeling.
– Link where you can find more information about this course and the FCE-UNLP Master in Economics: https://www.me.econo.unlp.edu.ar/wp/
– On Monday, October 25, 2021, the GenLAC launch event was held, with the participation of Raquel Fernández (New York University) and Laura Ripani (Inter-American Development Bank).
– Video of the GenLAC launch event